Convention Packet What is the Jr. Beta Club? The National Beta Club was founded in 1934, and has become the nation’s largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. Da Vinci Academy’s Junior Beta Club is an honor organization that recognizes outstanding academic achievement, promotes strong moral character and social responsibility, encourages service to others, fosters leadership skills, and provides settings for you to develop strong interpersonal skills. This organization is open to 7th and 8th grade students only who meet all requirements. How can I participate in the Jr. Beta Club? There are academic requirements for membership into the DVA Jr. Beta Club. These requirements include for students to have A’s in all subjects. Students who maintain an A in all classes at the end of the first semester in 7th grade year will be invited to participate in our Jr. Beta Club induction held every Spring. Meetings will be held every Wednesday morning at 8: 00 am in the learning commons, and students will compete in various areas, such as, Quiz Bowl,t-shirt, scrap booking, technology, poster and banner contests, etc at the State Junior Beta Convention held in Macon, GA during the month of November of each year. Jr. Beta Club Community Service Guidelines Each member is expected to perform at least 20 hours of community service. Hours must be reported on the Beta Club Service Hours Form. Service done during the summer can be counted as part of the following school years’ service. Any work for which you receive pay is not counted toward community service. Examples of Community-Service Activities
- Serving and/or delivering meals to the needy or elderly.
- Collecting and delivering Christmas gifts to needy (Toys for Tots), sponsoring a child for Christmas.
- Participating in community clean up/ beatification or projects
- Helping with community events (races, fairs, walk-a-thons, etc) that raises money for specific charities or nonprofit community agency.
- Volunteer at local humane society, habitat for humanity.
- Rake leaves for a neighbor
- Make fruit baskets for the elderly or needy family.